Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

HUGE Premier

I just finished watching the first episode of HUGE on ABC Family tonight. I have to say that overall I was good with the show and its attempt to address the many complexities living in a fat body add to the already complex life most of us lead.

As a recovering binge eater, the show reminded me of how forced restriction brought out OCD tendencies and the "high" I sometimes felt when I ate as little as possible. It was not a sustainable state for me and I have to say that the thought of going to a weight loss camp sends chills down my spine even now.

The show also reminds me of how grateful I am for relief from the torture of dieting and the freedom of acceptance. This said, I feel for those who continue to live this way. If only they could focus on health and not their size.

At one point in the show, I was reminded of how many hours I've spent in the past looking in the mirror to see if I could tell how much weight I may or may not have lost. There was a time that all I cared about is how good I could be at dieting. What an awful existence. I missed so much.

What do you think? More later as I allow myself to digest...

No comments:

Post a Comment